Walk down the street and look at the wrought iron railings in Toronto. They feel like they’ve been here from the beginning of the city, and some possibly have. This feeling wrought iron exudes – one of permanence and “rightness” – speaks to the qualities of wrought iron itself: beauty, durability, strength and rustic charm. All things we associate with the oldest, most influential civilizations.
Why You Should Choose Wrought Iron Railings in Toronto
Wrought iron has made an indelible mark on any number of architectural styles. As a result it’s still in high demand today. Here are 8 reasons we love wrought iron railings in no particular order.
- Flexibility – Wrought iron is one of the few man made materials that would work in both a colonial era home and as an integral part of a minimalist contemporary design scheme.
- Durability – Wrought iron is extremely durable and long lasting. Any risk of rust can be virtually eliminated by simply applying a new coat of paint every couple of years.
- Malleability – Wrought iron can be worked into virtually any shape you can imagine. As a result wrought iron railings often display an exquisite level of craftsmanship.
- Strength – Wrought iron railings are renowned for their high degree of strength. There’s little chance they’ll ever break away like wooden railings can.
- Beauty – When done right wrought iron railings ramp up the visual appeal of just about any type of home setting and provide a sense of completeness other materials can’t match.
- Maintenance – As in “low” maintenance. If a part of your railing is damaged it can be removed by a Pro Weld craftsman and replaced without having to create an entirely new railing.
- Eco-friendliness – Antique wrought iron is in high demand on the resale market. But if you can’t find a buyer, don’t worry: the material is still completely recyclable.
- Security – Install a beautiful and strong wrought iron railing around your pool deck to prevent accidents, or across your balcony to keep people safe without infringing on the view.
Wrought iron is as much a material of the 21st century as it was of the 19th for many of the same reasons. If you’re in the market to replace your current railings you should seriously consider installing wrought iron railings in Toronto.
Pro Weld offers a complete line of wrought iron fabrication services. Give us a call on (905) 669-8633 to learn more about this amazing and timeless building material and find out if it’s right for your home.