Having a minimalist home means dedicating yourself to a certain interior aesthetic. That can be easy to maintain once you’ve got a routine in place for picking up and keeping things where they belong. However, when it comes to making changes in design or designing a new home altogether, it takes a bit more thought. That’s why Pro Weld is here to help you pick out railings that fit your interior design dreams. Let’s see which railings fit best with a minimalist interior.
Glass railings are a fantastic choice for minimalist interiors due to their simplicity. They’re such an unobtrusive addition to any interior that they fit right in. These railings are made up of strong, sturdy, glass panels held in place with iron posts. Their features include:
- The ability to see clearly through the glass, not obstructing your view like other railings do.
- A lack of color, making them great for minimalist environments. Unlike wooden railings which may add too much of a warm tone to the interior, these are completely neutral.
- A sleek and contemporary vibe, making them great for up-to-date designs. This sleekness also gives your interior a high-class look, raising your property’s resale value.
Stainless Steel Railings
Stainless steel railings are also great for minimalist interiors. These railings have the benefit of coming in more varied designs than glass railings. They also cater to a different kind of aesthetic. Their features include:
- The ability to choose between designs with or without glass paneling. Many people enjoy using stainless steel as a framework for glass railings. However, you can also order stainless steel railings that are glass free and more casual in appearance.
- Being fingerprint free. Glass railings may gather fingerprints and handprints over time and will need to be cleaned, just like windows. This is doubly so if you have children of your own or some that visit with any kind of frequency. Stainless steel railings that don’t include glass won’t need to be cleaned unless you’re looking to disinfect them.
- A more industrial appearance. Stainless steel railings lend themselves well to industrial aesthetics due to their hardy, cold appearance. If you’re a fan of exposed pipes, concrete, and simple, hanging, light fixtures, stainless steel railings will fit right in.
Making Your Choice
Both of these railing types are great choices. The most important difference between them is the aesthetic they belong with. If you think they would look good with your interior design, there’s no wrong choice.
No matter which railing type you choose, you can find them here at Pro Weld in Toronto. If you have questions you’d like answers to, we’re more than happy to help. Give us a call at Pro Weld and we’ll make sure you know everything you need to to make an informed purchase.